BBVA API Market
1. HTML editors
– Sublime Text: this code editor is not free – with a license costing 70 dollars – but you can download a free trial version. This is a very popular solution among developers, providing a carefully developed user experience. Sublime is used by many developers, who rate it as the best code editor out there.
Some of its key features include:
1. Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
3. Shortcuts for searches.
4. Distraction free mode for writing code.
5. Auto-complete function.
6. Highly customizable editor.
7. Supports macros.
8. Extend functionality using plugins.
– Atom: a free, open-source editor that is highly customizable. Launched by GitHub, the collaborative project development platform. This tool is creating quite a buzz in the developer community. The strength of this editor is that many programmers are helping to improve it through GitHub.
Interesting features of Atom:
1. Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
2. Fully customizable: its creators boast that developers can change the editor in any way they like, including its core.
3. Node.js integration: allowing any user to use hundreds of Node.js packages and libraries.
4. File browsing system.
5. Search and replace in work files.
6. Multiple panels, cursors and selectors.
7. Simple and clean user interface.
8. Customizable modular design: the editor allows users to design their own modules, incorporating new functionality.
– Notepad++: perhaps one of the best known code editors on the market. This tool is governed by a GPL license (General Public License). It could be described as Notepad on steroids. It offers developers and programmers a number of interesting features:
2. Code auto-complete. You don't need to type all the HTML tags. Customizable keyboard commands.
3. Ability to work on several documents at the same time.
4. Multi-view. Visualize the code in a number of ways.
5. Regular expressions to automate actions.
6. Automatic document status detection. This is a useful feature when a team is working on the same document.
7. Record and copy macros.
8. Zoom in.
9. Support for several languages.
– Editra: a multi-platform text editor. Its developers highlight its easy-to-use interface and features that aid code development. Editra is totally free under a LGPL license. It supports over 60 programming languages, including Python, PHP, Perl, Java, Lisp, SQL, Visual Basic and Pascal.
1. Allows you to work with tabs and on several documents at once.
2. Includes a search engine.
3. Features an editor and syntax highlighter.
4. Auto complete function.
5. Keyword help.
6. Enhance functionality with plugins.
1. Support for various programming languages, including HTML, C, C++, Fortran, Java, Object Pascal, Objective-C, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
2. Syntax colors to facilitate code programming.
3. Search and replace across multiple files.
4. Language configuration for the working document.
5. Can be used as an external editor integrated with Xcode, Apple's integrated development environment.
6. Integrated support for FTP access using Interarchy.
7. Keys configurable by the developer.
8. List of floating windows.
2. Frameworks for HTML5
It has a number of features that make it very easy to use:
1. This framework is backed by Twitter, so it is unlikely to become obsolete due to lack of maintenance.
2. Although it only has limited support for HTML5 and CSS3, its designs are compatible with most current browsers.
3. It is an open source framework and shared on GitHub. This makes it a special framework as it is used and continuously improved by many developers.
5. All of these components are based on the jQuery library. Each of these plugins enables us to add new functionality to the user interface: from a carousel effect in the site header to the creation of groups of buttons and alerts. And its enormous popularity means that more and more third-party plugins are becoming available to automate much of this functionality.
6. Bootstrap uses the LESS dynamic stylesheet language.
7. It also offers comprehensive documentation: if you have a project or a doubt, or need to solve a difficult situation, documentation and tutorials are available to help.
– HTML5 Boilerplate: this is the other major HTML5 framework. Its key features include:
1. Support for old browsers. HTML5 Boilerplate offers a feature detection library known as Modernizr. This can determine whether the user's browser supports HTML5 and CSS3. If it doesn't, an additional function is loaded enabling old browsers to load all site elements.
2. Improved load times. With the increasing consumption of information on mobile devices, website load times are becoming an essential competitive tool. In HTML5 Boilerplate, all scripts elements are at the end of the page, meaning that display of the site's key elements is not delayed by slow loading. This affects almost all elements, including the usual Google Analytics tracking code.
– Junior: is a framework for creating native mobile applications in HTML5. This framework uses CSS3 transitions to optimize site performance on mobile devices, enabling the developer to design carousels with flickable.js. The user interface design is really simple, listing the pre-defined components included in the framework.
3. Audio and video solutions
Audio5js enables us to determine which audio codec is compatible with the user's browser, playing the file in the most appropriate player (HTML5 or Flash).
– html5media: is an HTML5 video and audio player. To add it to your site, all you have to do is insert some script into the <head> of your project. You do not need to install anything. It is compatible with all browsers and cell phones.
This is the script we need to include in the <head> of our project:
If we want to include a video, we embed it using the following code:
<video src="video.mp4" width="320" height="200" controls preload></video>
And if we want to add audio, we add:
<audio src="audio.mp3" controls preload></audio>
4. Visual animation editors
There are two main groups of tools in this field: the first comprises programs mainly used by designers; the second group is more complex, enabling animations to be developed by pure programming.
The first group includes solutions such as Adobe's Edge Animate CC, Google Web Designer, and Sencha Animator. The second group requires programming skills, with tools including The Greensock Animation Platform, CreateJS, PaperJS (some interesting examples of its potential are displayed on its site) and ProcessingJS.
Follow us on @BBVAAPIMarket
Rulebook 43 is one of the main banking communication standards. It allows any company to receive daily statements of its accounts and, although they still have a long way to go, APIs can help implement it in any size of company.
You no longer need to go to a bank branch to open a bank account. APIs allow you to complete this and any other banking operations without leaving your company's own platform, with a fully integrated experience.
The real estate sector is becoming digitized by investing in technological solutions to adapt to a user looking for simple processes and transparent documentation in the purchasing processes.