BBVA API Market
Although it goes without saying, it should be noted that the KeystoneJS installation has two obvious dependencies, Node.js and MongoDB. As a consequence, you need to install the environment and database to be able to use this web and application editor. They are easy to download and set up. You can find tutorials in their web pages.
Create the project folder. You need to create the directory for the web project or its application.
$ mkdir my-test-project
Check that you are inside your own project: $ cd my-test-project
Run the KeystoneJS generator: command $ yo keystone.
Final step. Run the command $ node keystone and open the local test server http://localhost:3000/ in the browser.
KeystoneJS – main characteristics:
– Available for free, it sits under the MIT license.
– Based on a MVC architecture (Model-View-Controller).
– Management system for registered users.
– Dynamic paths.
– Jade can be used as the template system but developers may choose one of the alternative options. Templates are fully customizable, with or without Jade.
– PaaS (Platform as a Service) for hosting solutions.
– Integration with email and services such as MailChimp.
Hatch.js is one of the market alternatives to KeystoneJS, the CMS on Node.js most commonly used by developers. Hatch.js is a flexible and scalable open-source tool. It is a framework for creating webpages which combines content management with the use of social media for its distribution. It can be customized using widgets. In addition to Node.js, Hatch.js is built on Redis, an open-source solution for storing NoSQL data in the memory.
These are some of its defining characteristics:
– Quick and scalable CMS, which developers appreciate. Based on a key-value model, the NoSQL database system enables quick content load even in pages with big volumes of dynamic information. According to the developers of Hatch.js, this response time is under 0.05 seconds without having to use cache.
– Plug-in based solution. Hatch.js characteristics are written with plug-ins at the top of the platform. If developers wish to implement new features, they only need to code their own plug-in. To do so, they use CompoundJS, the Model-View-Controller development framework for Node.js.
– Every single template possibility. Hatch.js contains the themes from Bootstrap, Twitter’s development framework to design responsive websites. Alternatively, you can create your own template or program the project from scratch using HTML and CSS.
– It has all fonts from Google Webfonts.
– You can use LESS for CSS style sheets.
– Commercial licenses cost almost 730 euros/month.
Apostrophe is a CMS which focuses on enabling simple content creation. Just like the aforementioned managers, it is based on Node.js for the back-end and MongoDB for the database.
In addition to Node.js and MongoDB, another Apostrophe dependency is ImageMagick, a tool for creating, editing and converting images into all formats (jpeg, png, gif, tiff, svg, etc.). This is a kind of Photoshop incorporated into CMS: you can retouch colors and light curves, change sizes, retouch the frame, flip images, apply special effects… ImageMagick is an open-source software solution with Apache 2.0 license.
Pencilblue is a CMS based on Node.js, MongoDB and Redis for the creation of responsive editorial projects. For design targeted at mobile devices such as smartphones, smart watches and tablets, developers who use Pencilblue benefit from integration with Bootstrap; AngularJS, the front-end development framework based on the Model-View-Controller (MVC) paradigm; and jQueryUI, the set of templates and widgets aimed at designing the user interface of websites.
Just like any other CMS, Pencilblue is fully scalable and customizable by installing plug-ins (a very similar system to more well-known managers such as WordPress). You can find the list of modules in the manager’s website. In any case, as it happens with WordPress, developers who use Pencilblue can program their own plugin. Watch this video for more information:
Follow us on @BBVAAPIMarket
Open finance is expected to be regulated over the next few years, leading to a new open data ecosystem Open finance is making its way into the legal system through the consolidation of several initiatives that will lend it legal protection. Once this is complete, customers will have an open finance framework that protects their data […]
QR code payment is an alternative form of mobile payment that requires no card chip or NFC technology: just a camera and an internet connection Payments with a QR code are increasingly popular among younger consumers and tourists, as well as one of the most demanded forms of payment, especially by Chinese visitors to Spain. […]
ST APIs are an example of an API development architecture increasingly used within companies, partly due to the separation between client and server, the process scalability and reliability, and the low number of resources required by the system. What is a REST API and what architecture examples are available to companies? What can an API […]