BBVA API Market
The ultimate aim of any currency, whether real or virtual, is for it to be widely used so it becomes a stable and reliable currency for most users. The more companies and businesses use bitcoins to make payments and transactions, the greater its impact and the more possibilities it will have of becoming a global currency. Today, this scenario is still far in the future, but the bitcoin community is always looking for ways to make life easier for developers and entrepreneurs. This is why we are continually seeing the appearance of new plugins to bring bitcoins to WordPress.
WordPress is the CMS (Content Management System) par excellence. Most business projects use it to launch their websites on the Internet. The fact of encouraging the online coexistence of these projects with the collection, payment, invoicing and all kinds transactions in bitcoins is a quick way of viralizing their use. This is a list of the best plugins to add features linked to this cryptocurrency to any project in WordPress:
Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce
Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce is possibly one of the most downloaded plugins in the repository of new WordPress features. It allows acceptance of payment in bitcoins in online stores based on WooCommerce, one of the most widely used free toolboxes for WordPress, essentially in the form of design templates with everything you need to sell products, from product description pages through to a shopping cart system. The closest rivals within the e-commerce market are Prestashop and Magento.
By early June 2016, this plugin had been downloaded more than 24,400 times, with an average of 20 a day. It is now on version 4.08, and requires WordPress version 3.0.1 or later to install. Graphics offered by WordPress:
The most interesting features of Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce:
– Compatible with the Electrum bitcoin wallet: this client has some interesting advantages such as the use of a remote server without the need to download the whole blockchain; portfolio of totally recoverable addresses from a seed or private key; sensitive security information is never sent through the server to avoid violations; and it is also an open code solution.
– Electrum eliminates any dependence on third parties.
– MPK system to increase security: even if the server and database are compromised, no one can steal the bitcoins.
– It accepts payment in bitcoins directly in the personal wallet.
– It calculates the exchange rate through the settings.
– Zero fees for processing third-party payments.
– Support for many international currencies. It’s important for an online store to have this advantage if it has international customers.
– Conversion of bitcoins with real-time exchange information.
GoUrl Bitcoin Payment is another plugin linked to the top downloaded cryptocurrency on WordPress. It is one of the most successful payment gateways in bitcoin transactions. Today this feature has been downloaded over 25,900 times by WordPress users, with an average of 45 downloads every day.
Some of its key features include:
– Open code plugin available on GitHub. This means that any developer can download the payment gateway on their equipment and make any adjustments they deem necessary for their own store.
– It doesn’t require the user to associate it to a bank account.
– Payments can be obtained directly in the bitcoin wallets.
– It accepts not only bitcoin, but also Litecoin, Paycoin, Dogecoin, Dash, Speedcoin, Reddcoin, Feathercoin, Vertcoin, Vericoin and Peercoin, a large number of cryptocurrencies based on P2P technologies.
– It supports third-party plugins such as WooCommerce.
– It integrates payment gateways in bitcoins in other plugins developed by other programmers for WordPress users.
– This gateway allows different types of payment: pay-per-product, pay-per-download, pay-per-membership and pay-per-view.
Stripe Payment Gateway WooCommerce Addon allows the Stripe payment gateway to be installed in the features of an online store in a WordPress. Stripe is one of the most successful payment platforms within the developers community, largely because of the simplicity and utility of the application programming interface (API). At the beginning of 2015 Stripe set up its integration with the Bitcoin payment system through this API.
Mollie Payments for WooCommerce is one of the most downloaded WordPress plugins for the integration of a payment gateway that accepts bitcoins, although it also incorporates other commercial transaction systems like PayPal or credit cards from any bank. You need to open an account.
Features of this plugin:
– It supports several languages: English, Dutch, German and French.
– The order, title and description can be edited for each payment method.
– Money reimbursements for WooCommerce 2.2 and later versions.
Digital Paybox is a payment plugin for WordPress, with two types of license: a basic one for 22 dollars, and an extended one for 110 dollars. You can add a feature that allows the end user to choose the amount and the payment gateway when purchasing a product, either through PayPal, debit and credit cards with Stripe or bitcoins with BitPay. Once the user has made the transaction, the plugin sends an encrypted and temporary download link to the payer’s e-mail address.
Its key features are:
– It accepts all kinds of cards, both debit and credit, and from any of the regular market providers: Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
– It combines flexible and fixed payments and minimum payment limits.
– Payment system based on AJAX and CSS3.
– Support for several languages.
Fintechs are financial platforms that democratize finance, as well as the ecosystem, technology and companies on which they rely Fintechs are the next iteration of the financial world. What are these financial platforms and what types are there? In Spain, fintech companies are creating a mature and growing market thanks to the inherent advantages of […]
Carlos López-Moctezuma analyzes the present and future of open banking in a roundtable dedicated to this matter, where essential questions such as user growth curve, the role played by fintech and the profound evolution that banks such as BBVA and others have experienced in the past few years.