BBVA API Market
It is simple and quick, but perhaps also incomplete. In today’s world, no application developer expects a digital product to be the finished item on launch. By which we don’t mean the product might still need some finishing touches on the day of its launch: we mean that – after short and simple development – it is consciously unfinished and can then be refined based on user experience.
Rapid App Development (RAD) has become one of the clearest trends in modern software development. The idea is to launch simple, multiplatform products at low cost that can be improved based on user experiences. Suitable developments frameworks include Angular JS, Backbone JS, Ember JS, React JS, Polymer and Knockout for user interfaces, and Apache Cordova and PhoneGap for apps. Meteor is another rapid application design platform, but it covers ever aspect of development: the client side; the server side and the database side.
Meteor also offers developers a cloud service, known as Galaxy. The advantages of this integrated service include:
● Coordinated code updates for the client and the server.
● Real time client monitoring: facilitating metrics.
● Galaxy runs on Amazon ECS: giving the development team real time data on memory, the CPU, etc.
The first step is to install it on your machine:
● The .exe file for Windows can be downloaded from: Meteor installation for Microsoft operating system. Then all you need to do is run the .exe file and follow the instructions.
● For users of OS X or Linux operating systems, run the following command in the Meteor terminal:
curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh
● Xcode, Apple’s integrated development environment, must be installed on the machine for iOS development. This can be downloaded free from the Apple Store.
The next step is to add mobile support to the project. As we have mentioned, the Cordova platform is integrated into Meteor, unifying development across all mobile operating systems: iOS, Android and Windows Phone. However, it needs to be run using the following specific commands in the terminal for Meteor projects:
● iOS operating systems: meteor add-platform ios.
● Android operating systems: meteor add-platform android.
Creating your first application project in Meteor is a walk in the park. First, open the terminal in the platform and enter the following command: meteor create simple-all. This automatically creates a folder called simple-all, where all the app elements will be found:
simple-all.html # an HTML file that defines view templates
simple-all.css # a CSS file to define your app’s styles
.meteor # internal Meteor files
Use the following command to run the new application:
GitHub, the most widely known collaborative development platform in the world, offers a number of very interesting tutorials for designing projects in Meteor.
The final step is to test whether the application runs as expected:
● For iOS devices: meteor run ios.
● For Android devices: meteor run android.
Meteor’s features offer several advantages over other application development platforms:
● Meteor was designed with developers in mind, no special effort is needed to learn how to use it.
● There is a large Meteor community: this means there is a lot of documentation out there, and it is easy to tap into the experience of other developers, etc. There are a lot of advantages. A useful list of Meteor learning resources.
● Designer-friendly coding: the code for programming applications has been optimized. Meteor saves a lot of lines of code, mainly because you do not need to include all the HTML tags or CSS and JS files.
Follow us on @BBVAAPIMarket
You no longer need to go to a bank branch to open a bank account. APIs allow you to complete this and any other banking operations without leaving your company's own platform, with a fully integrated experience.
The real estate sector is becoming digitized by investing in technological solutions to adapt to a user looking for simple processes and transparent documentation in the purchasing processes.
Checkout financing is a digital alternative to credit cards that boasts advantages such as flexibility, creating one credit facility per customer and ensuring their future loyalty, thus improving the customer lifetime value.